Youth Participation in Developing Sustainable Green Cities
Name of the Contest:
Writing Contest on Environmental Protection
Name of the organizer
KYTTARO ENALLAKTIKON ANAZITISEON NEON (KEAN)
Telephone: +30 210 2692 880
Runner of the contest
Kyttaro Enallaktikon Anazitiseon Neon (KEAN)
About the contest
This contest is organized as part of the Youth Participation for Developing Sustainable Green Cities Project funded by the European Union. This activity is a contest where young people will express their original writings on environmental protection, climate change, and sustainable green cities. With this activity in the project; It is aimed to reach young people who want to work in sustainable and green cities and have good writing skills and to create a community with these young people for the association to be established later in the project. The works of the applicants will be published and shared on the project and organization’s channels.
Specific goals of the contest:
This contest aims to Increase information sharing among young people on global issues such as environmental protection, climate change, and sustainable green cities by using the power of the storytelling method; Raise awareness of responsibility by enabling young people to make observations on global issues; Support young people to express themselves in an original way by using articles, stories, and writing, and to support their creativity; To support young people to develop their leadership in society as active citizens by taking action on the problems in their localities.
Announcement: 1 March 2023
Deadline for the applications: 31 May 2023
Evaluation Process: 1 – 5 June 2023
Announcement of the results: 6 June 2023
Award Ceremony: The Award Ceremony will be organized during the EU Green Week 2023 (from the 3rd to the 11th of June 2023, exact date to be announced)
* Due to reasons such as the limited number of participations, changes can be made and will be published on the website https://kean.gr/ and on the social media of the organization.
Method of Contest
This contest is based on the original stories, articles or writings of young people on the topics specified in the categories. During the competition, KEAN’s website and its social media will be used actively.
The language of the competition is English.
Participants will be able to apply to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the writing in Word format attached and filling out the following Google Form
– Environmental protection
– Climate change
– Sustainable green cities
- Young people between the ages of 18-35 can participate.
- It is open only to people living in Greece.
- Participation in the competition is individual.
- Participants can only participate in one work.
- Participants cannot be employees of KEAN or members of their families.
- Participants cannot be part of the jury, sponsors, or members of their families.
- the language of the competition is only English,
- must not have participated in any competition before,
- must not contain discourses that may have a negative or demeaning effect against any religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or ethnic group,
- must not advertise commercial institutions/products or services,
- must not be against the law,
- it should be between 500 and 1500 words (single space, Times New Roman 11).
Participants should send their writings to email@example.com as a Word attachment with “GreenCities – Writing Contest – [your name]” in the subject field.
Participants should also fill out the Google Form with their contact information
Participants who will not fill out the Google Form and/or will submit their writing after the deadline will be considered automatically excluded from the Writing Contest.
After the eligibility of the applications are checked, the jury will evaluate the applications based on their relevance to the subject or purpose-related content, originality, creativity and quality of the fiction.
The first three participants with the highest scores will be announced as the winners of the contest.
The jury consists of an expert on urban cities and an expert on literature.
The jury will receive the writing anonymously, with a code assigned to each person. Only a KEAN member will know to which applicant the codes correspond.
Announcements of the Results
Results will be announced on KEAN’s website and social media channels.
First prize: 500 euros
Second prize: 300 euros
Third prize: 200 euros
Special award: 100 euros
- All rights belong to applicants except for project partners, who will have the right to edit and disseminate the work from their channels. By applying to this contest, applicants accept this condition.
- Awards will be given to the winners of the competition at the award ceremony.
- The winners of the competition may use their right of withdrawal and submit their requests to KEAN within 3 days at the latest after the results are announced.
- If a participant uses their right to withdraw from the competition, the substitute candidate selected in the evaluation process instead of the participant will be considered the first.
- KEAN has the right to make changes in the contest specifications, provided that it is announced on the website.
- Participants in the competition are deemed to have accepted all of the above conditions.